WGPS Project Group – Next Meeting Friday 7th February 2020 at 7.30pm. Upstairs rooms.
This will be a practical evening looking at close-up and macro photography. As usual, it is open to any club member.
David Higton will open the evening with an explanation and demonstration of focus stacking. This will include taking the pictures and processing it in the computer.
Following that, members can split into small groups and work on their own subjects on individual tables. Results can be processed on the evening or later to be shown at the next meeting.
Ideally you will need to bring along:
1. Camera and suitable lens for close ups/macro. I will have a selection of lenses and improvised close up equipment available for those who may wish to try them.
3. Suitable small subjects for photographing. We can swap them around during the evening.
4. Portable lighting, be it flash, desk lamps, LED torches or photo lamps. White card, crumpled kitchen foil on a board or other reflector. Black card to reduce light spill.
5. A background, be it paper, card, cloth , a light tent or……
6. Blue-tack, bulldog clips, masking tape, patience, imagination and a sense of humour and anything else you think useful.
6. Laptop with suitable software installed to process and stack photos.